Why Buy Social?
Making a decision on who to work with and where to spend your money is an important one. There are many factors to take into consideration when you choose a new provider.
- Ensuring you receive an excellent standard of service that meets your business needs
- Developing trusted, professional relationships
- Receiving prompt responses to your queries
- Getting independent, accurate advice
- Receiving value for money
Another important decision is who really benefits when you outsource any services.
Many businesses are now considering their social and environmental impact when making purchasing decisions. This can help with enhancing a mainstream business’ reputation and play an important role in achieving a fairer and more sustainable economy.
‘Buying social is about using your money, as an individual or an organisation, to create a positive impact on the world we live in. When you buy from a social enterprise you are choosing to spend your money with a business that is giving something back, reinvesting their profits to address the most pressing issues, from homelessness and unemployment to ethical trade and climate change.’ Social Enterprise East of England.
When you engage CBR Business Solutions, you are making a real difference to people’s lives.
Our operating profits are an important income stream for Voluntary Norfolk, a charity working with people to improve lives and strengthen communities.
Voluntary Norfolk works closely with partners in the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) sector as well as the public sector to bring a variety of services to individuals and communities across Norfolk. We have a team of over 120 dedicated employees coordinating volunteers, providing support to other voluntary organisations, and delivering commissioned services.
Here’s a snapshot of what our teams achieved during a 12-month period in 2021 – 2022:
- Over 800 people actively volunteered with Voluntary Norfolk
- Our Covid volunteers donated almost 20,000 hours of their time to support the NHS vaccine roll out programme
- We spent almost 3,500 hours supporting individuals suffering from social isolation or loneliness and over 90% of the clients surveyed felt “less lonely” as a result of our help
- We supported over 50 individuals adjust to long term illness and improve their independence and quality of life
- We supported over 650 adult carers sustain their caring role.
- We put on over 95 arts events in deprived areas of Great Yarmouth, reaching almost 9000 people there
- We successfully supported 100s of people into employment or education
- Our volunteers made over 11,000 journeys transporting non-emergency patients to medical appointments
- Over 170 of our volunteers dedicated over 6,800 hours of their time to support the NHS services in Norfolk and Waveney
- Our SOS Bus in Norwich helped prevent approximately 140 A&E visits and over 150 ambulance callouts
- 20 of our volunteers improved the IT skills of over 80 new learners and many returning learners
- Voluntary Norfolk put on eleven Good Practice events to improve the VCSE sector in Norfolk, attended by representatives of 120 local organisations.
At CBR Business Solutions we provided professional support services to over 500 charities and businesses across England. Their decision to engage our services, supports Voluntary Norfolk to continue getting people back into work, improving public services through volunteer opportunities, supporting the most vulnerable and strengthening our communities.
If you would like to get in touch regarding one (or all!) of our services, we would love to hear from you!
Send us an email to email@example.com