How engaging our services makes a difference
Engaging our services makes a real difference to the communities we live in
As 2022 draws to a close, it feels appropriate to reflect upon the year. The professional support services we offer (Payroll, HR, DBS Checks and the Norfolk Jobs Board for the VCSE sector) all generate important, unrestricted income for our charity, Voluntary Norfolk.
During 2021/22, Voluntary Norfolk have led or been in partnership with other organisations to deliver a huge array of services and support across the community:
- Better Together – 3,423 hours of peer support for individuals suffering from social isolation or loneliness
- Momentum – relaunch of the Youth Work Network and support for high quality services for young people
- Young Carers Matter – 1,102 young carers have been directly or indirectly helped – 973 were newly identified
- Carers Matter – over 660 carers supported by the community support team
- Freshly Greated – hosted over 95 creative community led events, reaching an audience of 8,679 residents
- Employment and Skills Services – supported 706 people out of work, build confidence, seek alternative work and training
- Volunteer Services – over 850 people actively volunteered. Covid volunteers gave up 19,471 of their time to support the NHS vaccine programme. 67 volunteers supported 55 clients adjust to long term illness, improve their independence and quality of life. Non-emergency patient drivers made 11,681 journeys transporting patients to medical appointments. SOS Bus volunteers helped prevent 140 A&E visits. 20 digital inclusion volunteers supported 80 new learners.
Above figures from 2021/22 annual report and affected by covid restrictions still in place during this period.
Currently employing 120 staff and coordinating over 500 active volunteers, Voluntary Norfolk also has a communities’ team supporting charities across the region. Through partnership working and good practice events, they have reached approximately 153 people from 120 organisations, and continue to deliver sessions and resources across a range of relevant issues facing the sector.
A new volunteer platform Get Involved Norfolk has been launched this summer. This enables organisations from across the County to advertise their volunteer opportunities. Currently, there are over 500 roles on the platform ranging from cooking volunteers, hedgehog carer (we know, how cute!), re-engage tea party driver, social media volunteer, Trustee, gardening volunteers and loads more to suit almost every hobby or interest.
An initiative, the Volunteer Passport, to support volunteers increase their skills and knowledge and make it easier to transfer these into new volunteering opportunities, has supported 38 people within the first 6 months.
Voluntary Norfolk are working in partnership to deliver Empowering Communities. This is leading on the development of a Volunteer Strategy on behalf of Norfolk County Council, as well as providing advice, resources, information, events, training and networking opportunities across the sector.
A huge thank you for your choosing CBR Business Solutions
We know that deciding who to trust with outsourcing your services is a big one and we want to say a HUGE thank you for choosing us! As you can see, the benefits are not just in the professional services you receive, but have a wider impact upon the communities we live in.
This year we have been in contact with many of you to gain feedback about our services, listen to what you value and how we can improve what we offer. We are continuously seeking feedback so we can ensure you receive the best service possible. At any time, you can complete the feedback form and we welcome you to do so!
We would love to take this opportunity to wish you a wonderful festive break and we look forward to working with you throughout 2023.
The CBR Business Solutions Team