What information do your need when setting up payroll for a new starter?
Setting up a new starter for payroll can be a daunting task – there are a lot of details to consider and information to collect!
But don’t worry – we’re here to help you make sure you’ve got all of the necessary information you need.
Here are some of the key details to consider when setting up a new starter:
- Personal Information: You will need to collect the new starter’s full name, date of birth, address with postcode and email address.
- Tax Information: You will need to include their national insurance number, tax details and information about student loans.
- Banking Information: You will need to collect the new starter’s bank account details – sort code, account number and building society reference if applicable.
- Employment Information: You will need to add the date they started employment, the number of contracted hours, salary information and any applicable benefits.
- Emergency Contact Information: It’s a good idea to collect the new starter’s emergency contact information in case of an emergency, but not a requirement!
By collecting all of this information upfront, you will be able to ensure that your new starter is set up for payroll in a timely and efficient manner.
We hope you found this information useful when setting up payroll for your staff.
If you would like to get in touch regarding your payroll requirements, we would love to hear from you!
You can find out more here or send us an email to email@example.com