Head of Youth Work Services
|Location||Norwich (with county wide remit)|
|Website||Visit organisation website|
|Salary||£33,763 - £38,744 per annum|
|Hours||37 hours a week|
|DBS check||An enhanced DBS check will be required for successful applicants|
|Date posted||17 November 2020|
|Closing date||7 December 2020|
MAP is a charity providing free and independent advice, counselling, youth work and education for young people.
Due to an internal promotion within our Senior Management Team, MAP have an exciting opportunity for an inspirational individual with proven experience of delivering services to young people to be the strategic lead for our Youth Work Services.
This will involve:
Leading a variety of youth work projects ensuring they are delivered effectively and on budget with successful outcomes for young people being the key driver;
- Overseeing MAP’s external communication and campaigns, working with the CEO and all teams;
- Managing, mentoring, coaching and supporting the team delivering youth and education work to young people aged 11-25;
- Research and development of new and existing services and resources at MAP;
- Contributing to the development and delivery of MAP’s Strategic Plan;
- Delivering youth services that enable and amplify youth voice.
In order to deliver this role effectively you must:
- Be qualified to QCF level 6 or equivalent, ideally in a relevant subject e.g. youth work;
- Have significant experience of working with young people and leading a team delivering services to young people;
- Be able to demonstrate your ability to motivate and manage people effectively;
- Significant experience of project management;
- Current knowledge of social issues, policy and practice, as they affect young people;
- Experience of organising and running youth led initiatives and supporting youth activism;
- Be young person centred, valuing each individual, acting professionally and committed to working towards social justice.
The successful candidates will receive a range of benefits including:
- competitive salary
- generous pension contributions
- company sick pay
- excellent on-going training and development opportunities
- support from an established and reputable team
- corporate events and activities
- wellbeing focus
- regular line management
- flexible working
- 30 days holiday increasing to 35 after 5 years’ service (plus bank holidays)
- access to benefits including cycle to work scheme
Travel will be required for this post so a full driving licence and access to transport is essential. Occasional flexibility around hours will be required to meet the needs of the service. Appointments will be made subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Registered Charity No. 1107927
Company Registration No. 5249208
How to apply
For further information and a full job description outlining the experience, knowledge, skills and competencies required for this role go to www.map.uk.net.
The closing date for completed applications is Monday 7th December at 9am.
Interviews are expected to take place w/c 14th December 2020.