|Organisation||Norfolk Citizens Advice|
|Location||Based in Downham Market Foodbank|
|Website||Visit organisation website|
|Contract type||This is a Fixed Term contract until 5th of May 2025. Part time|
|Salary||£18300 Pro rata (£5440.54 per annum)|
|Hours||11 hours per week – Downham Market Foodbank|
|Date posted||13 November 2023|
|Closing date||4 December 2023|
Norfolk Citizens Advice
Registered Charity – 1071297
Are you passionate about helping in the community?
Would you like to make a difference in the lives of people who access foodbanks?
Would you like to help improve others skills?
Are you in the Downham Market or the surrounding area?
We are looking to hire a passionate, personable, and community-conscious individual to become our new Assessor working from the Foodbank in Downham Market. As an NCA Foodbank Assessor, you will be working closely with foodbank colleagues and will be responsible for triaging foodbank users, completing an initial assessment with them and booking appointments for the Foodbank Adviser if necessary
There will be some administrative duties within this role, for example, assisting with updating our case recording system, dealing with enquiries, and assisting with reporting.
We offer our staff:
- Comprehensive induction and training to become an accredited Adviser
- Ongoing support and professional development
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Opportunity for flexible working
- Employee Assistance Programme
20 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
What we are looking for
We will provide full training.
However, we will favour applicants who demonstrate the following experience:
- Good up-to-date knowledge and understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion and its application to the provision of accredited advice
- Knowledge of a range of advice issues and an ability to identify safeguarding concerns and how to make onward referrals to the appropriate authority
- Knowledge of specific advice issues relating to welfare benefits (including Universal Credit), Debt, Housing and Employment
- Good IT knowledge and an ability to support clients in accessing information using IT systems
- Previous experience as an accredited adviser in a similar work environment
- Experience of supporting volunteers
Please note that this post will be subject to a DBS and Right to Work Check.
How to apply
The closing date for applications will be the end of business on Monday 4th December 2023 (we reserve the right to close this early should we need to).
Please APPLY HERE