Young Carers Worker
|Organisation||Connects & Co|
|Website||Visit organisation website|
|Hourly rate||Hourly rate: Negotiable, subject to qualifications and experience, from National Living Wage (£7.83 age 25+) / National Minimum Wage (£7.38 age 21-24) up to a maximum of £10.50.|
|Hours||16 hours per week|
|Date posted||11 October 2018|
|Closing date||1 November 2018|
Hourly rate: Negotiable, subject to qualifications and experience, from National Living Wage (£7.83 age 25+) / National Minimum Wage (£7.38 age 21-24) up to a maximum of £10.50.
For Job Description and Person Specification, email: email@example.com
Connects is a small charity supporting Young Carers in the Norwich and Dereham areas, with an office base in Catton Grove. An opportunity has arisen to take on a fourth worker on a part time basis (maximum of 16 hours per week).
Applicants must be at least 21 and have:
- General education to GCSE standard, including English and Maths grade C / grade 5 or above and
- NVQ Level 2 in Youth Work or relevant equivalent; applicants not yet possessing a qualification at this level but willing and eligible to undertake the next available training course will be considered.
Other relevant but higher vocational / professional qualifications welcomed.
A full driving licence and use of a car are essential.
Management will be provided by the Project Manager and supervision by her or the Chair of trustees, as appropriate.
How to apply
Applications should be in the form of a typed CV (curriculum vitae) setting out:
- the applicant’s education, training and employment to date, with qualifications;
- their interest in working with Young Carers and motivation for applying;
- a self assessment of the applicant’s character, temperament and interests;
- full address, with post code, contact telephone number and email address.
The application must be signed and dated.
Two references must be provided. Appointment is subject to a satisfactory DBS (safeguarding) check.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 1 November 2018.
Applications should be sent in a securely sealed envelope marked ‘confidential’ to The Chair of trustees – Connects & Co Executive Committee, PO Box 3346, Norwich NR7 7GJ.