|Salary||£18,000 per annum|
|Hours||35 hours per week over 5 days between Monday to Saturday|
|Date posted||10 September 2020|
|Closing date||4 October 2020|
|Contact name||Mr Peter Leonard|
Norwich Samaritans are seeking a Retail Manager for our stores in Norwich. Your role will be to direct the day-to-day trading of our retail operation, which currently consists of two shops: one in the city centre and the other in a northern suburb of Norwich.
You will be leading a team of two assistant managers and a number of part- time volunteers; delegating tasks and ensuring that duties are carried out in accordance with our policies and procedures as well as Trading Standards legal requirements.
You will be required to develop and implement Norwich Samaritans’ retail strategy by setting and achieving planned sales targets, managing operational costs and through the effective sale of donated stock, which includes on-line transactions.
You will work with and be responsible to Norwich Samaritans Trustees to ensure that the proper organisation, resources, training and staff are in place to further the success of our retail operation.
Your working hours will be flexible and consist of 35 hours per week, spread over five days Monday to Saturday. This will involve spending time in both shops.
You will need to understand and uphold our organisation’s Vision and Values.
- Must have recent relevant retail management experience, preferably in fashion retail
- Good standard of numeracy, literacy and IT is required (Qualifications min. GCSEs or equivalent)
- Experience of managing staff or volunteers, exercising both leadership and mentoring roles.
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Excellent organisational, administrative, and financial skills are all essential requirements of this role
How to apply
To apply, download the following documents from below for completion:
- Job Description including Person Specification & the Samaritans Vision and Values.
- Retail Manager Application Form
- Equal Opportunity Monitoring Form
All completed applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Job Application’.
Please refer to the job description carefully when completing your application. For more information about this post please contact Mr Peter Leonard on email@example.com
Any applications via CV will not be accepted.