Primary Care Network (PCN) Recovery Worker Great Yarmouth and Waveney
|Organisation||Norfolk and Waveney Mind|
|Location||You will deliver the service within the Great Yarmouth and Waveney Locality. This geographical area is split into 4 areas (PCNs) working with up to six surgeries and will require working from multiple locations.|
|Website||Visit organisation website|
|Salary||£19,025 rising to £19,450 after 6 month probation|
|Hours||Full Time – 37.5 hours per week|
|Date posted||11 May 2022|
|Closing date||31 May 2022|
This is an exciting new service based in GP surgeries located across Norfolk and Waveney. Working with local surgeries and Primary Care Networks (PCNs) to see a reduction in the number of people with mental health issues re-presenting to their GP. This will include support / signposting to access Hub-based and Wellbeing services to build increased community resilience for the service user and freeing up GP and secondary services consultation time for wider system benefit.
You will work alongside the wider team and NSFT staff to support a reduction in the number of people with mental health issues re-presenting to their GP. You will support / signpost to access Hub-based and Wellbeing services, to build increased community resilience for the service user and freeing up GP and secondary services consultation time for wider system benefit.
Among Other Responsibilities You Will Be:
- Working with partners to support clients with access to appropriate mental health support.
- Provide Personalised Support for clients in a person-centered and holistic way.
- Seek ways to continuously improve services for clients and their families.
- Provide support to PCN partners.
- Connect with external VCSE agencies, Norfolk County Council (NCC), Early Help Hubs, NSFT, health professionals, Wellbeing Service, Social Prescribers, contractors, education sector.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Commitment to empower and support people in a way that inspires trust and confidence, motivating others to reach their potential
- Experience of supporting people with their mental health within a professional setting.
- Excellent understanding of recovery and recovery principles.
- Understanding of social, economic and environmental factors and their impact on communities, individuals, their families and carers.
- Experience of partnership/collaborative working and building relationships within internal services and external organisations.
- Experience of data collection, client record management systems and using tools to measure the impact of services.
- Driving license and motor vehicle, and a willingness to travel across your locality on a regular basis.
Sector leading Benefits: Pension, Online Discounts Portal, Financial advice, Long Service Awards, Health & Wellbeing Program AND Personal Development and Job Specific Training
We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive staff benefits package:
Annual leave entitlement of 26 days rising to 29 days per year plus Bank Holiday’s
- We have an Investors in People certification.
• We are the leading mental health charity in Norfolk and Waveney, providing services which make a real difference to people’s lives.
• We are a friendly, flexible and supportive employer.
• You will be working in strong partnership with Norfolk and Suffolk Foundation Trust (NSFT), Third Sector organisations, and Voluntary Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) Sector.
• We work to reduce the stigma associated with mental health, support people in their recovery and champion better services for all.
• We believe that with the right support and resources everybody can create a life that feels meaningful to them.
• We are a fast paced and growing organisation, so career progression is open to all
• We are proud to announce that in our most recent staff surveys, the overwhelming majority of our employees are happy to refer others to our organisation, and enjoy our friendly/supportive team environment.
How to apply
To apply please click on the following link:
For more information and informal chat about the role, please call Pippa Bennett on 07706 344355