Peer Support Worker
|Organisation||Norfolk and Waveney Mind|
|Location||Churchman House, 71 Bethel Street, Norwich, NR2 1NR|
|Website||Visit organisation website|
|Salary||£19,016 pro rata|
|Hours||22.5 Hours Per Week. • Please note, the service runs 7 days a week, 358 days per year, as part of this role you will be expected to work weekends as part of your rota pattern|
|Date posted||3 August 2022|
|Closing date||31 August 2022|
- What we offer:
Annual leave entitlement of 26 days pro rata
- Online Discounts Portal, Financial advice, Long Service Awards, Health & Wellbeing Program AND Personal Development and Job Specific Training
- Comprehensive training programme with a focus on developing and expanding on your skills throughout employment with Norfolk and Waveney Mind
- We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive staff benefits package:
A Little about us:
- We have an investor in people certification.
- We are the leading mental health charity in Norfolk and Waveney, providing services which make a real difference to people’s lives.
- We are a friendly, flexible and supportive employer.
- We work to reduce the stigma associated with mental health, support people in their recovery and champion better services for all.
- We believe that with the right support and resources everybody can create a life that feels meaningful to them.
- We are a fast paced and growing organisation, so career progression is open to all
- We are proud to announce that in our most recent staff surveys, the overwhelming majority of our employees are happy to refer others to our organisation, and enjoy our friendly/supportive team environment!
As a Peer Support Worker, you’ll join us in working hard to help people recover from mental health problems and develop resilience for the future by sharing personal experiences of recovery in an appropriate and professional manner. You will empower people to personalise and take control of their own recovery by providing a variety of interventions and opportunities. You will support our Recovery workers and other facilitators to deliver group interventions that help develop an understanding around recovery.
Among other responsibilities you will:
- Supporting individuals who present in a variety of ways (anxiety, depressive symptoms, low mood, mania, self-harming and suicidal) by using your own lived experience in an appropriate and professional manner to provide a reflective and empowering model to assist in their recovery.
- To support the other members of the team in conceiving and delivering various programs and workshops to work alongside 1:1 support for those we support, to provide a more rounded and effective variety of support for those using our service.
- Work alongside Recovery workers to help implement support plans and empower individuals to follow these to aid in their recovery journey.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Peer Support Worker, passionate about providing one to one emotional support to those in need of support and in crisis. As a valued Peer Support Worker, you will be helping people to regain and refocus on their support networks while providing a safe place to regroup and improve social isolation and helping people to achieve their ambitions and potential.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for supporting others, particularly around their mental health. We also are looking for someone who is a team player, and will work well both within the team and with external professionals to seek the best outcome for the people we support
How to apply
Please click the following link to apply:
Should you wish to have a friendly and informal chat about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org FAO Kate Frost or Sally Higginson with your contact details, and one of them will be in touch with you directly.