Pathways Support Worker – No Second Night Out
|Organisation||St Martins Housing|
|Website||Visit organisation website|
|Hours||38 hours a week.|
|Date posted||10 May 2022|
|Closing date||24 May 2022|
We are looking for a forward-thinking individual, who is experienced in delivering person-centred support to vulnerable people, to join the Pathways initiative and help clients with entrenched multiple needs reach their personal goals, by providing routes out of homelessness.
Within the role, you will ensure continuity of service provision for people who use the services and that they have a mutually agreed support and resettlement plan. Developing positive relationships will be key and you will promote a non-institutionalised and stimulating environment to maximise opportunities for independence, improved wellbeing and achievement.
We are looking for:
- Someone with the passion and drive to support anyone finding themselves in this situation.
Someone who can encompass direct responsibility for the assessment and support of people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and liaise with all persons identified as appropriate to the support of each individual.
- Evidence of emotional resilience and tenacity to provide support, even when faced with resistance.
- Experience of supporting people who have poor mental health, addictions or who are ex-offenders.
Experience of providing support services to people with multiple and complex needs and knowledge of Norwich based services for the client group.
- Ability and willingness to be flexible and work unsociable hours, including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
You can expect:
- The support and guidance of working for one of the Top 20 Best Charities to Work For, as featured in the Sunday Times list for 2021.
- A comprehensive training programme and gaining experience in the fields of criminal justice, social care, mental health and housing law.
- For anyone wishing to learn more and progress, you will have a personal development programme tailored to your interests within our field of work.
- Up to 29 days holiday and from your first day an additional ‘birthday’ holiday to be taken in your birthday month.
- Access to discounted products and services and cycle to work scheme.
For more information about the role, please call Teresa Brown, Resettlement Support Manager, 07435919356.
How to apply
It is St Martins’ expectation that all staff will be double vaccinated against Covid-19, wear face masks and participate in regular Covid testing, except where medically exempt.
St Martins is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. An enhanced DBS check will be required for successful applicants.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 24th May 2022