MANAGER – Residential Children’s Home – Kings Lynn, Norfolk (TA3294)
|Location||Kings Lynn, Norfolk|
|Website||Visit organisation website|
|Contract type||Permanent Full Time|
|Salary||£36,000 - £40,000 per annum|
|Hours||37 hours per week|
|Date posted||3 September 2019|
|Closing date||16 September 2019|
We are currently seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated individual to manage one of Break’s children’s homes in Kings Lynn.
- To manage and lead the residential team to deliver a standard of care which is Good or Outstanding with high aspirations for the children within their care
- To lead the residential team to deliver the best possible outcomes for Looked After Children, within a nurturing family home environment
- To manage staff in a manner that provides an empowering, positive experience for young people through appropriate use of Break processes including recruitment, support & supervision, annual appraisal and disciplinary
The ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate will be a strong leader with a professional, therapeutic, caring and calm approach, able to think creatively, act as a positive role model, and have a track record of motivating others to strive for excellence. They must be able to demonstrate resilience, emotional warmth and an extensive understanding of working with children who present complex emotional and behavioural difficulties.
Experience – Candidates must have at least two years’ experience relevant to children’s residential social care within the last five years and at least one year’s management experience in a social care setting. Experience must include:-
- Working with complex difficulties related to childhood trauma and the impact on emotional and behavioural development
- Knowledge of therapeutic work with children and young people
Qualifications – Candidates must have a relevant Level 5 management qualification, or be prepared to complete one within two years of appointment and as a minimum hold the Children and Young People’s Workforce Diploma Level 3 or equivalent.
If you are looking for a varied and stimulating opportunity and a position that will provide you with lots of professional development opportunities and experience then apply for this position. Not only will it be stimulating opportunity but a real chance to make a difference.
At appointment: The current full time salary scale for this position is £36,000 – £40,000 per annum, depending on experience and qualifications (maximum job rate potential is £43,401 which is performance related).
The ability to work shift patterns and be flexible with working hours in order to meet the home’s needs, which could include the occasional sleep-in duty (£38.50 paid per sleep-in).
How to apply
If you would like further information please download the Essential Information pack below.
To apply please go to Break recruitment careers page where all current vacancies can be found http://www.break-charity.org/join-us/ – you will be directed to an online application form to complete.
Closing Date: Monday 16th September 2019
Interviews will be held in Monday 23rd September and Tuesday 24th September 2019