Fixed term Recovery worker
|Organisation||Norfolk and Waveney Mind|
|Location||Sale Road, Heartsease, Norwich, NR7 9TP|
|Website||Visit organisation website|
|Contract type||Please note this is a fixed term contract as the site is closing in January 2023.|
|Salary||£ 19,690.88 (pro-rata if part time hours)|
|Hours||Part time- full time hours.|
|Date posted||2 August 2022|
|Closing date||30 August 2022|
- Unsocial hours enhancements to be paid when required.
- Great annual leave entitlement.
- Free parking options available on site.
- Online Discounts Portal, Financial advice, Long Service Awards, Health & Wellbeing Program AND Personal Development and Job Specific Training.
- Comprehensive training programme with a focus on developing and expanding on your skills throughout employment with Norfolk and Waveney Mind.
- Opportunity to work within our other MIND services.
- We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive staff benefits package: https://www.flipsnack.com/MindNorfolkandWaveney/benefits-brochure-2021.html
A Little About Us
- We are the leading mental health charity in Norfolk and Waveney, providing services which make a real difference to people’s lives.
- We are a friendly, flexible and supportive employer.
- You will be working in strong partnership with Norfolk and Suffolk Foundation Trust (NSFT), Third Sector organisation, and Voluntary Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) Sector.
- We work to reduce the stigma associated with mental health, support people in their recovery and champion better services for all.
- We believe that with the right support and resources everybody can create a life that feels meaningful to them.
- We are a fast paced and growing organisation, so career progression is open to all
- We are proud to announce that in our most recent staff surveys, the overwhelming majority of our employees are happy to refer others to our organisation, and enjoy our friendly/supportive team environment!
Among Other Responsibilities You Will:
- Working one to one with 1-2 clients ensuring they are working towards a more independent and meaningful life. Tasks may include; having one to one chats, assisting with housing applications, assisting with budgeting plans and food plans, and so much more.
- Running/taking part in social groups and educational groups for example, trips to the beach and the shops and assisting residents to take part in CHIME and compassion groups.
- Supporting new ideas and helping the management team to update the activities timetable.
- Administering a small amount of medication.
- Resident’s room checks, checking in daily to see how all residents are.
- Completing documentation and Recovery focused paperwork to support resident’s in their journey.
- Support residents to make phone calls.
- Supporting residents to attend appointments, connect with family/friends and other professionals.
What We Are Looking For:
- Personal lived experience of accessing mental health services and psychological distress and interventions that helped recovery OR experience of supporting someone within this situation.
- Knowledge of mental health conditions and treatment.
- Someone who is confident enough to support a resident throughout their recovery journey.
- Working with clients and their families.
- Leadership and facilitation of groups and forums (not essential).
- Understanding of any relevant legislation associated with the role.
How to apply
Should you wish to have a friendly and informal chat about the role, please call
(Manager Alex Michael on: Mobile 07596859400)
To apply please click on the following link: