Community Support Manager
|Organisation||Emmaus Norfolk & Waveney|
|Location||Emmaus, Belsey Bridge Road, Ditchingham, NR35 2DT|
|Website||Visit organisation website|
|Salary||£36,000 gross per annum|
|Hours||40 hours per week: Monday – Friday with flexibility to cover sickness and holidays as required to ensure cover 7 days per week|
|Date posted||6 April 2021|
|Closing date||30 April 2021|
|Contact name||Cecile Roberts|
The Community Support Manager, who reports to the Director, will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of Companion (resident) support and development as well as all aspects of management of the residential homes.
Applicants should have a management background and experience of working in homelessness, social care, mental health, or residential settings for complex needs and will need to be a good communicator and leader, have exemplary organisational and administrative skills, the ability to work well with people from a range of backgrounds and maintain a positive “can do” attitude. Also applicants will need the skills to be able to manage others in a unique and sometimes demanding setting and think on your feet whilst sticking to the protocols that you will embed and uphold.
- To oversee all aspects of Community support.
- To ensure we provide a safe and welcoming home for as long as needed to previously homeless men and women. That they are offered a platform to overcome their individual difficulties and take ownership of improving the quality of their lives.
- To work cohesively with the whole team to ensure the Companion package is developed and improved and those we support are at the centre of all we do.
- To ensure that we support and enable each Companion to make best use of the opportunity within a working Community in order to develop their work, personal and creative abilities in order to set and achieve their individual goals.
- An auto enrolment pension arrangement whereby the employer contributes 5% and employees 3%
- 25 days pro-rata plus Bank holidays
- Individually tailored induction, training and development
- 24/7 employee assistance scheme is available
If you would like to arrange an informal discussion about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
For further information on the role, download the Application Pack below.
To apply please send your CV in a word file format or.pdf, with a supporting statement on no more than two sides of A4, the equal opportunities and declaration of criminal records forms by email to email@example.com by close of business 30/04/ 2021.